The Things I Notice That Others Don’t…
I notice things.
Maybe more than I should.
One of the first things I notice about a person is their tone. I can usually tell when someone is upset, happy, uncomfortable, or when something feels off. I pay attention to the way they speak, the way they treat me, and the way they act.
For me, the way someone speaks matters a lot.
Someone might think they are speaking normally, but if their tone feels angry, disrespectful, or dismissive, I notice it immediately. Sometimes, I can sense that something is going to become a problem before it actually does.
Maybe that’s just how my mind works.
I also notice the small things that can change the way I see someone.
If someone speaks to me with disrespect, looks down on me, or tries to make me feel smaller and then laughs as if it is completely normal I notice that too.
And I don’t accept it.
Maybe other people would consider it a small thing. For me, it isn’t.
Boundaries became something important to me.
There was a time when I didn’t really understand boundaries. I would let people cross them, and I would keep everything inside. I would stay quiet and quiet and quiet, like a volcano holding everything underneath.
Until it erupted.
Now, I see my boundaries differently.
They are personal. They are something I protect. Something almost sacred to me.
I don’t always know exactly why something feels wrong. Sometimes, I just know that I don’t feel comfortable with it. I don’t feel convinced by it. I don’t accept it.
And when I feel that way, I can’t simply force myself to accept something just because someone else thinks it’s normal.
I need to understand it first.
Maybe that’s another thing about me: I trust the feeling that tells me to pause.
Sometimes I notice changes in people before they become obvious. A different tone. A different way of treating me. A change in the way someone interacts with me.
It can feel almost like looking ahead.
Not knowing exactly what will happen, but feeling that something might.
So I take a step back.
Not because I know someone’s intentions for certain, but because something made me uncomfortable enough to pay attention.
And I’ve learned that noticing something doesn’t always mean I’ve judged it correctly.
I can notice a red flag without knowing the whole story.
I can be careful without assuming the worst.
That is something I’ve had to learn.
Because being observant can be both a blessing and a burden.
It’s a blessing because I notice things that others might miss. I can sense when someone is comfortable with me, when something has changed, or when a situation doesn’t feel right.
But it’s also a burden because sometimes I think too much.
I notice something, then I think about it.
Then I think about why I noticed it.
Then I think about what it might mean.
And suddenly, one small detail has become ten different thoughts.
I wasn’t always good at handling that.
In the past, everything I noticed needed a reaction. I would react too much, and sometimes, when I look back, I wonder why I gave certain things so much of my energy.
Now, I don’t feel the same need to react to everything.
Sometimes noticing is enough.
I can see it.
I can understand that it made me uncomfortable.
I can take my distance.
And I can let it be.
Maybe that is what I’ve learned about myself through all of this.
I’m very observant.
I notice tone, behavior, changes, and the small details in the way people treat me.
But I’m also learning that noticing everything doesn’t mean I have to carry everything.
Some things are warnings.
Some things are misunderstandings.
Some things deserve a reaction.
And some things can simply be noticed and left where they are.
Maybe the real difference isn’t in what I notice.
Maybe it’s in what I choose to do with what I notice.
Comments
Post a Comment