Things I’m Still Learning About Myself…

​

I’m still learning about myself.

Not because I don’t know who I am, but because I think there are always new things to discover about yourself.

One thing I know for sure is that I love myself.

I love myself in all my details.

I love myself with all my flaws. I love myself when I’m really angry and still figuring out how to control my emotions. I love myself when I’m extremely happy for no reason. I love myself when I’m tired and feel like I have nothing left in me.

I love myself through the pressure, the happiness, the sadness, and everything else that happens in my day.

I just love myself.

I’ve also learned that I’m a really good listener.

Maybe too good sometimes.

Some people see it as a beautiful quality, but I don’t really see it as completely good or completely bad. To me, it’s somewhere in between.

I like listening to people talk. I like being there and hearing what they have to say.

But I’m still learning how much of myself I should give while listening to everyone else.

I’m also learning to love my body.

There are so many opinions about what a beautiful body should look like. People have their own ideas about what is beautiful, what is too much, what is too little, and what a person is supposed to look like.

But I like my body.

I don’t care what other people say a beautiful body should be.

This is my body, and I love it.

Another thing I love about myself is the way I challenge myself.

Sometimes it feels like someone else is challenging me.

But that person is me.

I challenge myself to become stronger. I challenge myself to do things I didn’t think I could do. Sometimes I compete with the version of myself that existed before me.

And I think there is something beautiful about that.

I’m not always trying to be better than someone else.

Sometimes, I just want to be better than who I was yesterday.

I’m also learning to love the way I handle my anger now.

I used to get really upset, and the anger would stay with me. It would affect me and everything around me.

But now, thank God, I’ve learned to control it better.

I’ve learned to step back.

I’ve learned to calm myself down.

And honestly, I love this version of me.

I also love the way I deal with people who treat me badly now.

Before, saying no was difficult for me. I didn’t always know how to respond or how to make it clear that I didn’t accept something.

Now?

I love the word “no.”

Sometimes it’s a simple no.

Sometimes I say it directly.

Sometimes I say it in my own way.

But I say it.

And I don’t feel like I have to explain everything anymore.

I’m still learning that saying no doesn’t make me a bad person.

It just means I know what I want and what I don’t want.

And then there are my hobbies.

I love my hobbies.

I love the things I watch, the music I listen to, movies, series, and gaming.

Especially gaming lately.

A lot.

Someone once told me that some of my hobbies wouldn’t benefit me, that I wouldn’t really gain anything from them.

But I don’t completely agree.

I learn things from the things I enjoy.

Maybe not always in the way other people expect.

Maybe my hobbies don’t always have to become something useful or productive.

Sometimes, I just enjoy them.

And maybe that is enough.

I think that’s what I’m still learning about myself.

That I don’t have to fit into someone else’s idea of what I should be.

I can love myself while I’m still changing.

I can be proud of the progress I’ve made while knowing there is still more to learn.

I can love the angry version of me, the happy version, the tired version, the quiet version, and the version that is still trying to figure things out.

Maybe I’ll always be learning about myself.

And honestly,

I think I’m okay with that.


To be continued…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I might have another world.

The Person I Talk to When No One Is Listening..

Learning How to Exist in a World I Didn’t Create…